Many organizations and working professionals mistake Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) firms for being Recruitment Agencies. Although this is not the case, unfortunately, this misconception is a result of many so-called RPO firms following a similar strategy and a similar approach to that of a recruitment agency. Therefore, the value-add brought about by leveraging an RPO firm is rarely demonstrated to an organization that is already suffering from the pain points of recruiting high talented employees.
According to the Recruitment Process Outsourcing Association, Recruitment Process Outsourcing is a form of business process outsourcing (BPO) where an employer transfers all or part of its recruitment processes to an external service provider. An RPO provider can provide its own or may assume the company’s staff, technology, methodologies and reporting. In all cases, RPO differs greatly from providers such as staffing companies and contingent/retained search providers in that it assumes ownership of the design and management of the recruitment process and the responsibility of results.
In other words, RPO firms’ primary focus is not only to fill-in an open requisition and move on to the next one. RPO firms become an intrinsic part of an organization’s overall structure. The recruiting team provided by the RPO firm works closely with an organization’s HRBP and Hiring Managers to achieve the following:
- Understand the existing recruitment pain points and challenges
- Review and assess the existing recruitment processes
- Introduce further enhancements to streamline the overall recruitment process
- Deliver a refined and a consistent recruitment process globally
- Make use of state-of-the-art technology to source candidates
- Provide various recruitment options depending on an organization’s business needs
- Manage the overall end-to-end recruitment process
- Provide a fair consideration and a fair evaluation of both internal and external candidates
- Provide key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the overall efficiency of the recruitment process
- Assist in hiring industry’s best talent
By ensuring that the above is properly followed and properly executed, an RPO firm would ultimately be able to demonstrate their value-add accordingly. This will lead to increased business partnership and increased synergy between the RPO firm and the respective organization, higher employee retention rates, streamlined recruitment processes, and faster employment of industry’s top talent.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
General Inquiries E-mail:
Media Relations E-mail: